Friday, August 1, 2008

the bipolarity of disease~

today, i am loving life.
it's funny what a disease does to you.  it takes something away, while simultaneously giving you every reason in the world to live in the moment, enjoy everything you taste, touch, smell, see, and hear.  
despite all of the glitches and problems and issues, i feel blessed to be here.  unlike most, i am deeply aware that one day, this beautiful life really will end. 
i know this because my life is injected into me everyday.  
and i'm grateful.  frustrated, confused, lacking a family support system, but so grateful to the people who have become my family. 
el futura es ahora.

(the future is now.)

we can live!

2 comments:

typeofl1fe said...

great post! I love your attitude :)
I don't use a pump (yet). I was looking into getting one at the beginning of May, but then summer started, and I see my endo at school, not at home. And then there's the whole issue of learning the ins-and-outs of pumping while in a foreign country, and I felt like that just wasn't a good idea...
I am interested in getting one, but I'm not as sure anymore.. I guess I feel like I am managing okay with the injections right now. And I guess I am a little bit commitment-phobic about it, which is ridiculous, because this isn't going to go away anytime soon...
What's your take on the pump?

Scott said...

Nice post ... it's true that disease changes us, sometimes in ways that doctors can't even imagine. Thanks for calling attention to them!