Thursday, August 7, 2008

littlebird becomes a star~

alright, i need to hop on cloud 9 again.

i got my results from my first 'real' HgA1c.  i say 'real' because the last one included the first month of diagnosis, and that was still good (7.8 down from like 15.)

5.6!  can you believe it?!  5.6.  

for those of you not-so-medical, the normal range for a person with diabetes is less than 7%.  for all of you with beautifully functioning pancreases (would the plural actually be pancreai?  i'm over-thinking my highschool latin here)  the normal range is 5-6%.  hey people-with- normal-pancreai,  i'm just like you!  ;)

yes, i started jumping up and down like a maniac when i got the results.  i'm actually really glad that i was not at my doctor's office, because i probably would've kissed him.  and ew, my endo is not so hot.

this means a lot for me: it means my body is adjusted, it means i'm doing more than ok, it means i can make healthy babies (!)  it means i'm no longer a sugar-whacked mess.  

my internist (the one i have a 'hug attraction' to) wrote me a little note calling me his little star again. 
sigh.  i love it when he calls me that.  :)


1 comment:

typeofl1fe said...

congratulations!!! that's so awesome that you're doing so well on injections - I still have some work to do...
as for testing/"shooting up" in public, I really don't care most of the time - I pretty much have a "take it or leave it" attitude, and if someone has a problem with it, they can say something... people's looks do bother me sometimes, but I try not to let them make me feel uncomfortable - I figure it's their problem, not mine!
this trip has been interesting for me on the whole diabetes side of things, but that's a topic for another post - so much to say! haha
I probably won't get to that until after I return home, but it's definitely in the works. :)
again, congratulations on your hard-earned achievement!!!