Tuesday, September 16, 2008

awake~

this woman i know said that something will happen to most people that awakens them.  
and then, they return, forgetting whatever it was that changed.  so they in turn never change, going back to that place of gray they knew before where they wondered why they felt so asleep, so apart, so alienated. where they were comfortable.
what is that woke you?  
i can tell you, hands down, it is this new friend.  my new friend makes me take good care of myself, analyze how i feel without obsessing, slow-react when i'm upset, and smile when i get to eat chocolate.  

2 comments:

hilary said...

Hello Emily-
I don't know if you remember me but we used to attend the Young Adult Leadership classes within the Archdiocese of Santa Fe about five years ago. I found you on here a while back and just got a page up myself. Perhaps you remember me?

Hilary

birdy said...

hey hilary! i do remember you! how are you? did you graduate unm yet?