Wednesday, October 14, 2009

some foods are so not peabody-friendly~

i literally have a fight with my breakfast every morning.
my stomach screams HUNGRY!
my BG screams TAKE IT EASY, SISTA!
i'm lucky though, i don't struggle with dawn phenomenon. well, not really. as you all know, sometimes baby D loves to kick us in the pants, though.
it's like, HEY, GIMME A BREAK! I JUST WOKE UP!
anywho, my point is that i can't really eat a carb-heavy meal for breakfast because i will seriously pay for it around 10 o'clock with something in the oh, let's say...200's?
this means, all the pancakers, waffle-eaters, french-toast-fiends can kiss my little ass (this is all due to jealousy, of course).
well, i could just eat a waffle for lunch and then go for a hike, right? might not be a bad idea!
ah-hem:
like this morning. i tried yoghurt. again.
non-fat. cherry vanilla. 20 grams of carbs.
20 FLIPPIN' GRAMS OF CARBS, PEOPLE!
like clockwork (well, it is clockwork) two hours later, i check (sometimes earlier!):
221.
2-flippin'-21!!
what the heck is in this yoghurt?! straight glucose?
hello, i'm peabody the pancreas. i do not recognize insulin that wants to assist in the processing of yoghurt products currently at this time. please try again later.
thanks.
so i fix it.
but the problem is (i know, i knoooooow) i've got it down with having a small piece of fruit (peach, nectarine, grapes) and a handful of almonds. toast won't cut it, even oatmeal was too much for me. this is so weird!
2 units. 2 hours. perfect 100.
here's my problemo, chicos:
I AM SO SICK OF FRUIT AND ALMONDS FOR BREAKFAST!!
but then i think:
what about the third world?
those people don't complain about what they eat for breakfast everyday. i've met them. they don't even always get breakfast everyday! (i'm being serious here! so not funny!)
i'm thinking i'll give a boiled egg a try. i like boiled eggs. but i need a little carb to go with it! and fruit and eggs? bleh.
there goes my picky-american-type-1-but-more-than-surviving-and-thriving-mentality again.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Emily,
You're going to love your pump! You can change the carb ratio on it, according to time of day. So, for example, I used to have the exact same breakfast traumas you are describing, and then I changed my breakfast carb ratio to 1:12 carbs (instead of the 1:15 carbs I have for the rest of the day), and that helped a LOT! When is your pump coming again?
Elizabeth