i make my own luck.
[see random photo taking over the page.]
so here is my gratitude list of things that make me jump for joy even while life is handing me some serious humor-sucking blood sugar lemons:
- my pump is green. i love green! (even though i have no idea what i'm doing yet!)
- i love teaching english to refugees and forging the friendships i have with them (even though we have no idea what the other is saying half the time!)
- hiking in new mexico in the fall; there's just no comparison to the colors, textures, air...(you get my point.)
- the new music i've been downloading for my workouts (rox my sox!)
- i love baking and especially love all of the seasonal food we've been eating: dark greens in our stews, pumpkin in the muffins, and green chile to warm us up! (but not too hot, garcia's cafe!)
- i have a stronger desire to play the harmonica lately (thank you, revival tour!)
- oh good gracious, matthew gave me a ring for that finger :)
- jimmy stewart films make me bubbly (and not just "it's a wonderful life.")
- straight-up, loyal friends are a gift i value (and yes, i mean what i say.)
- the good healthcare i have received so far from my cde and family doc (and my own brain's ability to process complicated issues while reading, haha.)
- getting to do more massage therapy on people actually makes me feel good. :)
- i'm getting purple streaks in my hair! (they might be blue or pink sometimes!)
how do you make your own luck?