Monday, October 11, 2010

Backblogging week 18: a really bad photo and oh my, am i domestic or what?!

Wow, behind on blogging again.
Surprise, surprise.
I'll keep this post short, since uh, I'm two weeks behind and there's really only one thing to tell you of amazing significance:

We're having a boy!

Yes, yes, by now many people already know the exciting news because I'm better at using facebook than I am at writing my own damn blog. But that's besides the point. The point is that he's doing really, really well (spot on average, not too big, not too small---hey, let's just say that size does matter with babies who have type 1 mamas!) and the anatomical ultrasound showed nothing significant...except, of course his little "boy parts" (as the perinatologist kept saying...I'm like, you're a freaking perinatologist. You should be comfortable with the terms vagina and penis by now, right?!) Haha, but seriously, it was amazing, and as usual, this little mama got tears in her eyes looking at her little one. My son.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

Congrats on the good news and - not that having a girl would have been bad news, so either way, it was going to be good :)

birdy said...

aw, thanks, lee ann! and you're so right: it was a win-win with the gender. unless, this was like my 6th son and i was hoping for a girl, haha. *phew* thank god i don't wanna do that!

Lyrehca said...

Mazel tov! Missed the FB annoucement.